Reality TV Show Ideas

A lot of people hate reality TV, myself included. But, after interning at a production company for a summer, my perception has changed. I hate it even more.

I worked for a production company who's claim to fame is a weekly program that shows how cake is made. Surprisingly, there is more than one show about cake, so I can't get in trouble because you're not sure which one it is. Every week they hand out a packet of shows that are still in the idea phase. You are handed a document of 50+ show ideas and I'd like to share a few with you.

If Only She Could Hear Me Sing
  • A nerdy guy competes for a woman's affection through song and dance.
I sort of understand the singing part, but dancing? I'm not sure a woman will be ready to marry you based solely on the fact that you can do a killer robot. Also, river dancing is gay.

Midnight Makeover

  • While a couple sleeps, our makeover team re-does the exterior of their home. Sunrise will reveal what our very quiet crew has been doing all night.
This doesn't sound so much like a Midnight Makeover as it does Midnight Vandalism. Does the crew not inform the homeowners? Or do they just fix the house and leave, like a shittier version of Robin Hood?

Hood Repo
  • A new take on the "Repo" format. We follow our repossession crew as they do their jobs in the toughest neighborhoods of L.A. Its Barbershop meets Repo Man.
Clearly someone just wrote down two movies they had never seen, because that could be the most racist thing ever printed (Sorry Cosmo). Also, I'm pretty sure people are murdered in Repo Man.